So many retreats and spas have a sterile impersonal quality. If the Stress management Masters were going to create a retreat center it would need to be “special” and “unique.”
“How nice it would be” my wife and I said to each other “if we could create a very personalized environment where one person or two or three of their friends and associates could get away for a weekend or a week and experience a personalized and customized spa experience?
Lewis and Lilia Harrison on he Top of Mount Utsayantha State Park – About 1 mile away from the retreat center
“It would be great” Lila said “if we could create a weekend getaway or a week getaway where a person either alone or with a friend or business associate could experience a personalized and customized spa experience? . It would also be a great corporate incentive as well for all those HR departments offering gamification rewards.
“Wouldn’t we have to hire lot’s of staff? I asked her.
“No”, She replied “Before you first created the Stress Masters Group, and the Events Chair Massage Network you were teaching Creative Visualization, Stress Management, Hypnosis, and Sports Massage . Think of all the books you wrote about holistic wellness. This would be a perfect opportunity to create more personalized programs for your clients outside of the corporate environment.”
…and so we did it!
We got in our car, drew a circle of locations about three and half hours max from New York City and went on our treasure hunt. After two weeks we found heaven in a little Village called Stamford, New York.
There, in a town that reminds one of the Andy Griffith Show we came across an old Victorian Mansion for sale. Once the home of the Gabor Sisters (Eva Gabor lived in a house like this on the “Green Acres Television Show) The building had incredible warmth, fine wood work by old world craftsman, and a spa suite that we now call the “Gabor Suite”.
We bought it, moved here and opened the “Royal Victorian Catskills B & B and Spa”. Great views, comfortable rooms with comfortable beds, and lot’s of interesting sites and things to do near-by.
They say ‘you gotta walk the talk’.
How could I teach and promote Stress Management without creating and living that kind of life for myself and then find a way to share it.
So there you have it. We created Comprehensive, All-Inclusive and Personalized Wellness and Spa Packages in a warm and friendly place with privacy if needed and a short walk into town.
The Retreat Center and Spa is located within the Bed and Breakfast Building an antique filled, fully restored 17 room 1898 Victorian home situated in the Majestic Northwest Catskill Mountains and directly located across the lake in Churchill Park – the Historic District of Stamford, in the township of Harpersfield.
Many Unique Stress Management Wellness and Spa Packages
- Stress Management
- The cross training “Athletes” Program
- Meditation Training
- Success and Life Coaching
- The Course in Life Strategies
- Weight Loss
- Creative Visualization and Hypnosis
- Quit Smoking
- Re-invent Yourself 7 Day Intensive (Call for details on this
All Retreats and Wellness and Spa Packages Include: A Deluxe Suite with a private stair case, a private screening room with a Bose Sound System, a small private mezzanine, a private room with private bath and bidet and an additional private bathing area with Hollywood lighting and a Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath. This package also includes:
- Six meals,
- A bowl of fresh fruit,
- Fresh flowers,
- Assorted cheeses (Your choice of regular or vegan)
- Wine in the room (or freshly squeezed juices)
- A half hour massage or other spa service or private class.
- Stress Management Coaching and Mentoring. You can reserve this based on availability for $595 person for a two night, three day stay. or $1695 for six night and seven days.
The Re-invent Yourself 7 Day Intensive
This intensive with Lewis Harrison is a life changer. It is a one-to-one program that includes all meals and lodging, life coaching, creative visualization training, polarity therapy, cranial sacral therapy, massage, acupressure, personal fitness training, Qi-gong Energy Healing, Yoga, meditation and much more.
Bring a friend or partner and pay only $3.00 more
Call 212-724-8782 to Register
We offer you
- Swimming in the summer – There is a public pool in the village. A 3 block walk.
- The local Golf Course is just a mile away
- The local Tennis Courts are 4 short blocks away
- Lake and hiking trails (The Lake is across the street)Informal environment)
- Four different ski mountain 30-45 minutes from our front door
- Fitness Center – About 1/4 mile away
We also offer
- Private outdoor “wild flower” summer garden
- Relaxing front and back porch
- Safe private parking
- Art gallery (Located 1/4 mile away in the Village)
- Extensive library and reading area (Ask about a book list)
- Country Family Style Breakfast
- Large film library – Request a list of films
- Local Martial Arts Studio
- Large antique filled living area
How to Get Here
Come by automobile
or take the bus…
…from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. The bus stops in the village of Stamford and we are two short city blocks blocks from the bus stop.
Zsa Zsa Gabor says:
Call Lewis today at 212-724-8782 to discuss a retreat that will meet your needs