Silence also refers to the fact of no sound being uttered by any being in a particular area or space. Silence is an important factor in many approaches to human potential and personal development. There are many spiritual and physical benefits to silence. Many of us are not aware of the price paid individually and collectively for a noisy world
Many religious and spiritual traditions imply the importance of being quiet and still in mind and spirit for transformative and integral spiritual growth to occur.
In Christianity, there is the silence of contemplative prayer such as centering prayer and Christian meditation; in Islam, there are the wisdom writings of the Sufis who insist on the importance of finding silence within. In Buddhism, the descriptions of silence and allowing the mind to become silent are implied as a feature of spiritual enlightenment. In Hinduism, including the teachings of Advaita Vedanta and the many paths of yoga, teachers insist on the importance of silence, Mauna, for inner growth. Perkey Avot, the Jewish Sages guide for living, states that, “Tradition is a safety fence to Torah, tithing a safety fence to wealth, vows a safety fence for abstinence; a safety fence for wisdom … is silence.” In some traditions of Quakerism, communal silence is the usual context of worship meetings, in patient expectancy for the divine to speak in the heart and mind.
The noted spiritual teacher Eckhart Tolle says that silence can be seen either as the absence of noise, or as the space in which sound exists, just as inner stillness can be seen as the absence of thought, or the space in which thoughts are perceived.
The Silence Retreat is an opportunity to tap into your own deep spiritual wisdom through guided meditation, contemplation, and introspection. Find your internal balance and a path to contentment, happiness, peace and inner harmony.
Emerge energized, mentally and emotionally grounded, and filled with joy and a renewed passion for daily life.
The Personal Silence retreat Spa Packages Includes:
- A personal mentor-guide,
- A private room with private bath,
- A private Jacuzzi Whirlpool Bath,
- Six meals,
- A bowl of fresh fruit,
- Fresh flowers,
- Assorted cheeses (Your choice of regular or vegan)
- Wine in the room (or freshly squeezed juices).
- A daily yoga-based fitness class
- A daily one hour massage, Reiki, Acupressure or Polarity Therapy session
- Wellness Coaching.
- Lake and hiking trails (The Lake is across the street)
$997. For 2 night 3 day stay for 1 person. $1,500 for 2 people sharing a room
$2,700. For 6 night 7 day stay for 1 person. $3,900 for 2 people sharing a room
We also offer you…
- Private outdoor “wild flower” summer garden
- Relaxing front and back porch
- Safe private parking
- Art gallery (Located 1/4 mile away in the Village)
- Extensive library and reading area (Ask about a book list)
- Country Family Style Breakfast
- Large film library – Request a list of films
- Local Martial Arts Studio
- Large antique filled living area
How to Get Here
Come by automobile
or take the bus…
…from the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. The bus stops in the village of Stamford and we are two short city blocks from the bus stop.
Call for reservations at 212-724-8782